dinsdag 1 februari 2011

Tai Chi is excellent for elderly people

Dearest friends,

In 2004 I became a student of martial arts. Every week I am practicing Shito Ryu (the traditional form of karate originating in Okinawa) and Kobudo ( the way of the arms of the warrior) in the school for martial arts in Benissa. In addition to that I am a practitioner of Tai Chi, for every Friday morning I go to the U3A classes taught by Krystina in the Centre Civic in AlcalalĂ­. For those who might not know it : Tai Chi is also a martial art whereby the movements are executed as slowly as possible. The stances and the movements however can be called "martial art in disguise".
Thanks to my very good friend Carlos Lara, I found an excellent article about the beneficial influence of Tai Chi practice upon the physical and mental health of the elderly.
As I am an elder myself (born in 1943) I invite you to read the article on the following website :

http://www.consumer.es/web/es/salud/prevencion/2011/01/31/198625.php

Kindest regards from Bruno

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten